Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's Blacker than Black?

Greetings!

It's hump day again and you know what that means! :)

This week I decided to go for a universally flattering nail color-black.  I forgot just how simple and chic this color is on the nails, what makes it even better is if it's REALLY black.  In the past, I would always use what you may call a "pale" black.  What I mean by this is that it would never be a true black but instead a very streaky and thin black.  Well, that was years ago before I knew any better and now I'm here to tell you that I've seen the light, and it is super!

The nail color is from the Wet N Wild Fast Dry Line available at Walgreens.  Within one stroke of this polish I knew that this would be love.  Turns out that this is supposed to dry faster than other polishes in their nail polish lines.  I really can't vouch for that since I've only tried this one and because I ALWAYS give my nails up to 30 minutes to dry.




The name is kind of strange though.  I mean I get it but then again I don't.  Ebony can also be used when referring to the color Black.  But where in the world did 'Ebony Hates Chris' come from Wet N Wild?!  Not that it matters but it is an educated observation, lol.  It took me two coats to get this opacity, no streaks, nada.  I did notice that it gets clumpy during application and that required that I shake it in between coats.  I'm not a fan of thick polish but hey, I have a simple remedy for that (post coming soon).  ;)

To switch things up a bit I opted to go for silver tips this week.  For this I used Milani's Nail Art in 'Art of Silver'.  Super easy way to add a twist onto the basic solid nail color.  I think it came out great.  And if you were wondering, CVS is having a BOGO 1/2 off sale for some Milani products this week.



There it goes for the week ladies!  What say you??  Yay or Nay?

*I was not compensated for this post and the items featured were purchased by me with my own funds.  I am not a representative of this company or its brand.*

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Yay xx I love e colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is gorchess!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol the name comes from the show "Everybody Hates Chris". I have this polish too and it's my go to black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IN LOVE with your nails! I wish I could see a close pic.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!