Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Have You Tried This Yet? Sean John Empress Fragrance

Greetings!

Besides cosmetics I am a lover of all things fragrance.  I believe that the next best thing to having a great face is to always have a pleasant scent, they're both complementary, you could have one without the other but why smell bad but look good, makes no sense, right?  Right.  I obsess over the next great scent and I admire fragrance collections held by men and women, especially older women.  Older women just seem to know what type of scent exudes class, sexiness, and mystery.  Anytime that I can take a spray at my mother's collection I make sure that I'm taking notes so I know just what to look for the next time I'm at the counter. 
Today I bring you an eau de parfum that has kept me immersed in grandiose thoughts of power, want that same feeling?  Here it goes.....



Sean John Empress has been on the scene since the summer of 2011 and I was so excited to get the female counterpart to I Am King, the cologne for men in the same line.  I always thought that I Am King was delectable on a man and before it was released I knew I had to have it.  Luckily for me while I was in DC for the summer my "connect" got it for me about a week earlier than its expected release date.  I almost didn't want to wear it because it was so pretty and smelled so intriguing, but alas, I must.

The sizes available are 1.7 ounces and 3.4 ounces ranging from $45 to $70 at high end retailers, such as Macy's, Nordstrom, and Dillard's, typical, nothing new here.  I got the 1.7 ounces since I'm trying to be reasonable in my usage.  It does have a pop top, pop top meaning that you can just pop it off in order to expose the spray button to use.  The packaging is simple but pretty epic, I'm a sucker for gold packaging and this is no different.


Now for the smell, this is where it gets complicated.  How does one describe a scent??  Well, let's just say this, the smell is powerful, not powerful in the sense that it smells too strong, oh no, powerful in that when you walk into a room people will realize it and want to flock to you.  Men will eagerly follow the route to you to talk to you.  Women will stop their conversations in order to find out who you are.  Kids will be alarmed and remain silent when you pass.  Yup, it's THAT serious.  It's a sexy demure that comes with this perfume and that alone is reason to get one for yourself.

The fragrance notes consist of vanilla, sandalwood, and peony, all that contribute to an oriental fragrance, the types that I normally go for.  If you're a fan of these kinds of scents, go for it and get you a bottle or two ;).  Valentine's Day is around the corner.......here's a way to feel even sexier when you're out on your date.  

What do you say?  Yay or Nay? 

2 comments:

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!