Thursday, January 5, 2012

In the Mood for Some Kiwi Cool-Ada *Updated*

Greetings!

Another week, another nail color.  This time the color is a bit more vibrant in order to lift my mood up since it's a whopping 50 degrees here in Miami!  LOL  Now, for you northerners this is spring weather but for my fellow Floridians we all know what type of damage this can do to our attitude.  Instead of a typical dark color to match the season trends I decided to opt for a bright neon green color courtesy of China Glaze. 

This color reminds me of Kermit the frog from Sesame Street fame and I love it!  It may not be appropriate for office wear but it is definitely a pick me up when you're sitting at the computer all day long.  You will surely get some comments when rocking this color!

If you're into the neon colors then this color is right up your alley, HOWEVER, it took me 4 coats to get this opaque color.  The dry time is pretty decent, taking about 15 minutes to dry which is pretty good considering how long it can take for other polishes like this to dry.  China Glaze polishes will typically cost you between $5 and $8 from stores like Sally's Beauty Supply.  The polish is a thin consistency and has a nice not too thick and not too thin brush applicator.  I'd recommend this color to my granny! 

*UPDATE* The finish of this polish dries semi matte, I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Shine top coat for the shine.  :)
What do you think about this color and other neons like it?  Yay or Nay?

*I purchased this product with my own money and was not compensated by the company.*

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty color. Next time use a white base and you can achieve opacity in one or two coats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Mz.More! I will try that next time :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!