Monday, May 27, 2013

May 2013 Hit List (Favorites)

Greetings!

This month was a great one makeup wise, I was reminded of the things that I love wearing when I went rummaging through the stash to decide what adjustments were needed for the new season.  I came to the realization that "less is more" and my makeup is more reflective of that notion.  So here are the things I reached for the most this past month.

Clockwise:  CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation in Rick Mink, CVS brand Sunscreen (SPF 30), MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Glorify & C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
 CoverGirl 3-in-1 Foundation-- I can't get enough of this foundation, it provides great medium to full coverage and keeps my face semi-matte, I do find that the power of this foundation is based on the face primer you use underneath.  I tried two different kinds and one definitely had me looking greasy in contrast to the other.  Of course my Revlon PhotoReady face primer was the one that kept my oilies at bay, the other one, not so much.  My shade is in Rich Mink if you're curious.

CVS brand sunscreen in SPF 30-- Honestly, it doesn't matter what sunscreen you use just as long as it's sunscreen over SPF 30, it's summertime folks, be safe out there and don't get burned!  :)

MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Glorify-- Of course this glorious invention was discontinued but unlike it's collection sisters, Superb and Whisper of Gilt, from it's original release last summer this one did not receive as much shine.  I think this shade looks stunning on darker skinned women and when applied on the high points of the face all you have to do is turn around and watch your skin beam with radiance.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve--  Summer staple under all of my bright colored matte lipsticks from MAC, because let's be honest those things dry out your lips but with this underneath you are saved from chapped and cracked lips.

Want a full review on any of the products mentioned?  You got it, just tell me for which one in the comment section.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Please review the Cover Girl 3-in-1 Foundation. I've heard great things about it, but I would love to hear your thoughts about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i dont usually buy Mac products anymore but i really want that bronzer.. have u done a review of it?? if so, plz link it to me in my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately, it was a limited edition in extra dimension highlighter, you could probably find it online for sale from individual sellers but at a higher price than retail. :( but if you like i can get a review up just for you! :)

      Delete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!