Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tell Me How You Feel....Part 4

Greetings!

Every season turns a new tide for the way we all dress, manicure our nails, and change up our cosmetic routine both in skincare and for aesthetics.  I, for the most part try to follow these trends but I don't limit myself to just these standards.  For the most part I really like seeing the dramatic change in what people are wearing and what new makeup looks to try.  I find that it offers people a new way to look at these aspects instead of remaining in the same box of whatever we are accustomed to.  I find joy in seeing what look people choose next but it gives me inspiration to try some variation or something completely different.  That's the joy of it all, you get to pick and choose.  :)

Runway shows are definitely an inspiration for me because these are the very first looks into what trends are hot for the next season, as I'm sure is the case for a lot of other people.  But now that I've gotten older I find that the "new" trends are really recycled if not from last year but from the year before.  Have any of you noticed that?  LOL  For instance, florals--every spring, bright colors--every summer, goth looks--every fall, and dark nail polish--every winter.....see what I did there?  I just put it all in perspective for you!  ;)  LOL

So, that 's my two cents on the topic, how do you feel about trends?  Do you follow them?  Do you avoid them?  What's your take?

2 comments:

  1. I don't follow trends. mostly because I don't read fashion magazines, watch fashion shows, or any of the like. I like what I like and that's what I wear. I have a very minimalist, ummm...casual chic type of style. in that regard, I'm pretty much in my own box with my style. I don't foresee it changing much. honestly, I'm kinda boring. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading LeahRenae! :) for the most part i think the minimalist look is ALWAYS a great look,i wouldn't call it boring, just subdued if you will. thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!