Tuesday, October 8, 2013

September 2013 Hit List (Favorites)

Hey all!

That's right everyone, it's that time of the month where I present to you the products that I've been using consistently for the month of September.  Surprisingly enough all the products for this month are drugstore products which may be beneficial to you all on a beauty budget.  For this past month I literally used all of these products everyday and that says A LOT considering how many products I own, I have the tendency to bounce around several products because I don't like neglecting my products, LOL.  Enough of the small talk let's get to the goods!

Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow--This is a great product for those of us that like to look like we've been basking in the ambience of fairies.  What I like most about this product is that it is super easy to blend and pretty much fool proof to use.  Some highlighters or bronzers can leave you looking a plum fool if you apply too much but with this, if you apply too much you can easily bring it up to your temples without looking overdone.  It is a baked product if you wish you can also dampen it with your brush to go full force with your highlight.  It's only $5.99, you can't beat that!  Oh, yes you can, with the next product....lol

Jordana Blush in Cinnamon Spice--After reading about all the buzz about Jordana blushes on a ton of blogs this past summer I initially thought that I would pass on getting more blushes because I felt that their PR overdosed on their exposure to the masses, I don't like to feel forced to get a product so I passed.  It wasn't until I received a gift card from Cherry Culture that I went ahead and purchased one blush from the line.  I decided to go with this shade because it seemed neutral enough for a brown girl like me and the price is only $2.49!  I'm glad I made the purchase because it's one of my go-to's for an easy going day look!  It's super pigmented and a great blush for those who are still on edge about roaming into blush territory.  GO GET YOU ONE!

NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Dance the Tides--Easily a dupe for MAC's Brown Script, this is the ultimate crease color for me, not too red, not too orange, not too dark, perfect!  I actually stumbled across this because I couldn't find Brown Script at any MAC counter or online which is weird.  I went to Ulta one day and this seemed close enough, lo and behold it's now become my favorite.  So much so I purchased four more to put in my quad eyeshadow palettes so I can always have a transition color when I'm traveling.  It's only $4.99 and you are likely to snatch it up in a promotion that Cherry Culture, Ulta, or Target is having on beauty products.

Maybelline Baby Lips--Finally, I put this off as well because of it's overexposure, I figured it would be another lame product that I would end up tossing, not true.  After application Baby Lips leaves my lips feeling smooth and supple, never to have that dreaded white line of demarcation after a series of conversations, you know what I'm talking about.  It varies in prices from $3.99 to $4.99 so it won't break the bank.  It comes in cute colors and depending on how fair or deep your skin is you can actually get a little color payoff if that's your thing in a lip balm.

Welp, that's all folks!  What were some of your favorites for the month of September?  Do share!

Clockwise: Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow; Maybelline Baby Lips; NYX Nude Matte Eyeshadow in Dance the Tides; Jordana Blush in Cinnamon Spice

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!