Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?......

Greetings!

Recently, I have been inspired by bright colors and the variations among them.  As usual when this happens I make sure to spice things up in my wardrobe and on my nails.  This time I took it to the next level and added glitter, one of my most favorite and most hated beauty accessory.  I absolutely detest anything glitter because of its tendency to stay well after removal BUT I do love how dramatic it can be.  Up until now I hadn't realized just how much my nails resemble candy corn, I swear this was unintentional, lol, but I overall I like the end results.

This week I decided to go with a pearlescent orange that I knew would be dazzling.  This nail color is reasonably priced too at $1.99 at your local drugstore, I purchased mine from Walgreens.  The color is Courtney Orange from the Sinful Colors nail polish line.  I love this line because it offers an array of colors without forcing someone to break the bank.



For the bedazzlement I opted for two Milani nail art colors in Yellow Design and Art of Gold.  These are a little pricier coming in at $4.99 each but if you catch them on sale at your local drugstore than you can probably find these for $2.99...maybe.

Milani Nail Art Lacquer in Art of Gold
Milani Nail Art Lacquer in Yellow Design
So, what do you all think of this week's nail design?  Yay or Nay?

9 comments:

  1. I love the creativity of your nail designs.And the colors are bright and scream fire! The best I can do is one finger, since my hands shake lol. Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kay! it def took some practice for me, i remember having squiggly lines when i first started lol

      Delete
  2. how would you rate the milani nail art polishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're okay, the brushes are uneven in length which can make application alot more difficult but other than that the colors and opacity is good. :)

      Delete
  3. how would you rate the milani nail art polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the design as well as the colors, the sinful colors line is my fav...nice job, you must have a steady hand for it to be so perfect lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess i do. lol i always make sure i do these designs when it's nice and quiet so that i don't start to tremble and then mess up lol

      Delete
  5. OHHHHHHHHHHH! Me Likey lol. I love how the colors came out. I think I have the Courtney Orange color or something similar. My nails look horrible hang nails and all. I guess now I have some excitement in doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orange nail color looks delicious! x

    http://labellavitahearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!