Wednesday, December 12, 2012

OPI You Don't Know Jacques!

Greetings!

I love it when nail polish companies come up with clever names for their shades, I'm easily amused by this.  I see what you nail companies did there.  Since you all know that I've been wearing lots of dark colors on my nails lately this time it is no different, enter OPI.  This particular shade is matte, however, I chose to apply a top coat because I find that the matte formulas don't last and chip a day into wear but last so much longer when a top coat is applied.  This shade lasted a while on me, two weeks to be exact, now I normally don't let a color sit on my nails for longer than a week but because of the durability of this one I went for it, I was pleasantly surprised.

This color is pretty difficult to describe for me as it seems to take on a different shade in different angles so I made sure to capture that in the following images.  If we're looking at it in the packaging I'd say that it is a flat taupe color, but with flash indoors it looks like a flat grey almost wet cement color, and outdoors it takes on a very dark almost purple grey.  So take what you will with that information, lol.  Overall, the color is lovely and I would totally recommend it with short nails as darker colors always look more chic with short nails.   

Here it is....




So what do you think?  Is this a nail color that's on your radar for the colder months?  Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!