Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects--Might Not Make It

Greetings!

Remember last week when we kicked the blog running with a post about the cool Salon Effects line from Sally Hansen?  I'm sure you do, well, it's been seven days and I was really trying to make it to ten days to since the packaged promised such but I could not!  LOL  As much as I liked the color I was NOT about walking these streets with chipped nail polish.  I do have a few things I woul like to share about these though so that you know what to look out for if you're interested.

First, let me start off by saying that the color was beautiful and I really appreciated the fact that I didn't have to worry about drying time which is a plus.  However, I could notice my nail chipping on the first day.  I guess you could say that I do alot with my hands but who doesn't?  Let's be more specific, that evening that I applied the product I had to cook and my nails were close to heat and I had remove the tray, fine, right?  No, the heat melted a tip of the nail polish, I haven't had that happen with my regular nail polish so I'm guessing that the product isn't that durable.

Second, around the fourth day of my manicure I noticed I had some skin peeling and I've never had that happen before with other polishes.  I'm going to go on a whim and say that I can possibly be allergic to an ingredient in this product in order for this to happen.  I take really good care of my nails and I didn't change that routine when using this product it's safe to say that I can attribute Salon Effects to that.

Here are pics of both my left and right hand after seven days with the product.


Right Hand

Left Hand
Overall, I would give this product a 2 out of 5 star rating.  The color is what really kept it on my nails for so long but other than it would have been off that first day. LOL  I would recommend these for a 2 day manicure though since they don't seem to hold up for too long which sucks.  I do intend on trying the designs that they have available from the same line sometime soon and I hope I can get different results.  We'll just have to wait and see.

So what do you think?  Yay or Nay?

2 comments:

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!