Friday, May 3, 2013

April 2013 Hit List (Favorites)

Greetings!

I hope April was as gorgeous for you wherever you are as it was in sunny Florida!  The sunny and breezy weather was a warm welcome to the new season and with this change so has my skin been adjusting as well.  During warmer months I typically change up my skincare routine to accommodate the climate change, otherwise, my face would be craters full of unidentifiable objects.  This is why my favorites for this month are skincare related except for two products, well, kind of, one does have SPF, so I guess it is skincare related, lol.

Here are my faves for the month of April:


Clockwise: Walgreens Apricot Scrub, bareMinerals Touch Up Veil in translucent, Shea Moisture African Black Soap cream mask & Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Dark 3




First up is the Walgreen's generic version of St.Ives apricot scrub, I've never tried that one but if it's anything like it's knock-off cousin then just as soon as this one runs out I'm getting that one!  After use of this scrub my skin is left feeling super smooth and refreshed, there is no dry feeling for me afterward either!  It is also paraben free which is a plus for skincare products, this ensures that harmful chemicals aren't entering your system.  SCORE!


Next is what is a foundation, it is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation in the shade Dark 3.  I've been using this foundation for quite some time now and I am in love.  In the heat of Florida I'm never concerned about foundation dripping down my face because of sweat, it stays put and does not leave me feeling like a cake face.   Overall, I love this!

Then we have bareMinerals touch up veil in translucent with an SPF of 15.  It comes in a cute compact with a powder puff stamped with the bareMinerals logo.  It is imperative that you pat this product on as opposed to wiping it on, if you wipe it on you will look ashy and that's just not cute!  I always use this on top of my foundations to give me that extra finish, very rarely must I touch up during the day with this on.

Finally, we have the Shea Moisture African Black Soap cream mask, wonderful for removing blackheads which are a concern for me.  Unlike other facial masks this product does not become hard on the face but rather sets to a clammy texture on the face, the directions advise that you leave on the face for 10 to 15 minutes but I normally do rebel things so I leave it on for 20 minutes.  I use this at night so that I can see the full results once I wake up in the morning.  I wake up to clearer skin and less blackheads.

That's it for this month!  Let me know what you think and tell me what's been your favorite go-to's for April!  See you in the next post!


1 comment:

  1. I want to check out the Shea Moisture mask. I use their shea butter lotion and it is the bomb!!! It smells so good and my skin is so soft. I love this line.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

About Me

My photo
The Cosmetic Diet Blog was designed with the fun, flirty, and sassy woman in mind. Here you will find product reviews, beauty hauls, and candid conversations we can all enjoy. I look forward to sharing with you what I enjoy about being a young and vibrant woman in the city!